1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having porblems with SMP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by the1one, Sep 28, 2004.

1. the1one

the1one Member

I have a version 9 PS2. The only issue I am having is with th "CD" disc of the boot. When the CD loads onto the screen I get a picture that states "load program" and "choose format". Granted I have only been starting to back-up my game collection for a few months, I had no problem with the "DVD" disc boot. My biggest questions is 2 games that state "insert a valid PS2 format disc". From what I understand.... this means it needs a "patch" or bigger TOC to correct the game. Take example: True Crime: Streets of L.A. I got the "fix" from swapmagicfix.com, downloaded it and burned the files to a CD-R using both Nero 6 and Alcohol 120%, then I use the "CD" disc of Swap Magic, then the screen appears like I stated above "load program", then I insert the CD fix I burned, and the screen goes red, which from what I have read, means the CD will not read. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I know there is one more option as to installing a mod chip, but due to the "extended" warranty I have that I paid extra for........ I would rather continue to use SMP.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

true crime is originaly a dvd game... so if you have it on cd that means it's a dvd-rip and you need breaker pro to load dvd-rips with swap magic disc.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are you saying you can't get cd loader to boot, if so why don't you give dvd loader a try, it's the same as cd loader but you burn it to a dvdr instead of a cdr and boot it with swapmagic dvd, you can get it from the link in my sig