1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having probelms burning DVDs w/ ICopy DVD2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maeday, Sep 28, 2007.

1. maeday

maeday Member

I recently bought a new laptop and getting used to the settings of Windows Vista. I purchased ICopy DVD2 and have been having error after error pop up.

After finally getting the program to run I had to download a program since the disc was encrypted. I think it was called DVD43??

Now I can only get as far as inserting in the blank disc (the 2nd step). I keep getting a screen that says: ERROR; please check log file.

For starters, what is a log file? I have tried searching for what it is or where I can find it, but I'm not having much luck. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step? Maybe my computer/blank discs are not compatible?

Any help would be appreciated

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi maeday
    I'm not sure how compatible dvd43 is w/ Vista. It hasn't been updated in awhile. I'd uninstall it and rip w/ DVDFab HD Decrypter instead.
    Here's a link to some guides - check out the one for DVDFab, Shrink and ImgBurn - all are free programs - link.

What blank discs are you using? Good ones to use are Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or made in Japan Sony, Fuji or Maxell.

3. maeday

maeday Member

I know its not the dvd 43 because it can actually read the disc if it wasnt the program says that its copy protected and wont work. Im using sony dvd+R discs.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Sony are usually good discs.
    Try doing a windows search for 1copy log file to see if you can find the log.

If not try the other programs but uninstall DVD43 - it's not the most problem free app and can conflict w/ other rippers.
    ImgBurn will give you a log file that you can post. You just open ImgBurn press 'L' on the keyboard and by default Imgburn will create a log every time you use it.