1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having problem converting files to ps3 format

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by SwellBo, Nov 14, 2007.

1. SwellBo

SwellBo Member

im having a problem converting files to ps3 format. im using ps3 video converter and can only convert files to 480p. i tried 720p and 1080p but it says FAILED every time i try to encode the file.

well when i encode my .avi's to 480p mpeg4 files, they have these horizontal lines that constantly run through them when the camera pans up and down(im trying to encode some footage from a camera). any ideas on how to fix it? or should i use a different encoder?

2. SwellBo

SwellBo Member

im also on a normal tv(not hd) so is there anything i should be aware of regarding the video settings?

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Well there's no reason to convert them to 720 and 1080p that just makes it widescreen on your TV which I'm sure doesn't look that good.. And makes the file size enormous. I used PS3 video 9 and it didn't do that to me before I got my HDTV.

4. SwellBo

SwellBo Member

i thought it was kinda weird because the only formats they gave me were 480p, 720p, and 1080p to convert to. im going to try ps3 video 9. thanks!