1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problem with switching game with gameshark v2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by qvc, Dec 10, 2004.

1. qvc

qvc Member

Well, I'm using ps2 v5/6. I also have gameshark v2 and I can burn the games right. I've used +r and -r, but neither of them work. I load the gameshark, then I click play game, and then without codes, then i use a paper clip to puch the white tab over, I then open it(manuelly), then switch the game. After I do that, I put it back in and move the white tab over again. Then when I hit X, an annoying squeeky noise comes from the ps2, and the game doesn't load. I have tried different games and all do the same, I even tried switching with the white tab and using a real game, but it still makes that squeeky noise. Another thing I tried was taking off the cover of the ps2 and taking off the top of the disk thign when I switch the game, but it still makes that noise, and it only does that when I dont use the eject botton. Does anyone have any answers or think a modchip would solve this problem?

2. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

Its not working because you are trying to play killzone which is a dvd by swapping it with gameshark which is a cd. The toc is different so it wont load ever!!. You need to use a swap magic to play dvd games!

3. qvc

qvc Member

Oh, I get it now :) thanks for the info! I will buy a swap disk or modchip, Thanks again :D