1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Problems Backing Up My Games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by deviecb, Dec 6, 2007.

1. deviecb

deviecb Member

I am really new to this and I have been trying to read as much as I can, but I'm just not having any luck backing up my games. I have read that i should be using wxRipper to be making copies, however, when I follow the instructions, I only get like a 7.5mb iso file. I have tried it on other drives and I get cyclical redundancy errors. So I update the layout file as I have seen to try and get rid of the errors, but that doesn't work either. Is there an easier way?

Also, I have an I/O Magic 18x DL External drive for my burning (considering at some point I can successfully rip an iso) will that work for me?

Thanks in advance for the badly needed help!!!

2. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Are you trying to backup a game off of a samsung dvd rom flashed w/Keron. If so use xbox bacup creator. I use that to back up all my games then use image burn.

3. deviecb

deviecb Member

I actually just purchased a Samsung SH-D162D flashed with KrEoN v1.0 this morning. Does that then mean I won't need to use the wxRipper program that I have been having so many issues with?

4. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

yes. download Xbox Backup Creator v2.7 and follow the tutorial at the link below....

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=588763

XBC is VERY easy to use and works like a charm everytime. Takes about 10 minutes (at 10x read) to rip the game. Then you just burn using Imgburn with the layerbreak set (i forget the exact number, just do a search on layerbreak and you'll find it).

5. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Just tried backing up COD4 and it didnt work. I saw I had an old version of xbox creator so googled the 2.7v and it worked. Thanks to all that helped w/this. Just need to try to burn NFS:pROSTREET will let you know if it backed up fine since prople have problems backing up EA games.