1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems backing up with DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Duenas77, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Duenas77

Duenas77 Guest

I konw some DVD are copy protected, but I so love my Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition that I want to back it up and never use the originals. (I know, its kinda cheesy but that's me) The problem is, it seems to be some sort of copy protected or something. I keep getting this message after 49% "DVD Shrink has encoutered an error Unable to read D:\" or something like that. I tried deep analysing but it happens just the same thing. What is this? or What can I do?

2. Duenas77

Duenas77 Guest

Ok, I got it, I just cannot find how or where to get that "Decrypter" program. I did the search but might have done it wrong. Any help?

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Have you used DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD to file mode then use Shrink to open up the files that DVD Decrypter riped?

I backed up Star Wars with no problem. Are you just having trouble with 1 disc or all the disc?

4. Duenas77

Duenas77 Guest

This is the first disc I try, I'll download the Decrypter and see how it works. I'll keep you informed.
    Thanks and God Bless

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Sorry didnt see your post above mine of you asking where to get decrypter kinda wierd your post would be before mine but here is where to get it.

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

6. Duenas77

Duenas77 Guest

thanks larry. I downloaded the decrypter, and it happens just the same.
    At 49% it gives me this message
    I/O Error
    Device [1:0:0] Samsung CDRW/DVD SM_348BT506 (D:) (ATA)
    ScsiStatus 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition
    Cab:28 00 00 IE 4E DD 00 00 01 00
    Inerpretaion: Read (10)-Sector: 1986269
    Sense Are: F0 00 05 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Illegal mode for this track

What do you think it could be?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

look at the disc and see if its dirty or scratched. This will also cause the problem you are having.
    If Dirty then clean if scratched then you can uasly get a DVD scratch repair kit at a store. Unless someone else has a home remedy way of getting out scratches and post it for you.

8. Duenas77

Duenas77 Guest

Thanls again Larry.
    The disc is impecable, I guess it has nothing to do with the surface. I will try again later and post the results.
    Blessings

9. Duenas77

Duenas77 Guest

Forget it.
    Neither Shrink nor Decrypter worked with Star Wars. I have episodes I, II, IV, V and VI, and none could be backed up. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I swear I am following all the indications on other threads, at least the ones I found.
    I think I just have to wait and see if more powerful back up programs become available or improve my computer skills.
    If anybody could back up any of these movies and can write something like a miniguide on how to do it, the software gods will repay him.
    May the Force be with you all
    Duenas

10. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I have backed up all of the 5 Star Wars movies without a problem. Just rip with DVD Shrink and burn with Nero.

11. bjclaw

bjclaw Member

I have also backed up all of my Star Wars movies with DVD XCopy and they worked perfectly !

12. Duenas77

Duenas77 Guest

Neither DVD Copy X Press nor DVD Shrink nor DVD Decrypter have done the job, it only happened with the Star Wars movies and Chronicles of Riddick. I just bought them so I want to assume they include some sort of new technology anti-back up.
    God Bless you all
    Martin

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All them movies can be baked up. Maybe somthing is worng with your DVD Burrner or you dont have somthing set right or a program is interfering with your DVD drivers. Along with everyone else I also have baked up these movies and Cronicles of Riddick with no trouble. so it isnt the copy protection issue that is keeping you from doing it.