1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having problems burning!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jomel, Aug 10, 2004.

1. jomel

jomel Member

For some reason after I backed up it would not burn!My dvd burner came with nero OEM that's all.Can I use this to burn???If yes what steps I have to do bec I don't know anything about nero?Is there a other burn software?

2. john179

john179 Active member

jomel you need to be a little clearer in what your problem is so one of us can help you.

1.What are you trying to burn dvd or cd.
    2.How did you attempt to back it up.You say you used Nero but this has many applications used for different things.
    3.Any other genral issues like if it was a dvd how did you and what did you rip to your drive with.

Nero is a good programe so don't just jump ship yet we will probably be able to help you.
    John179

3. jomel

jomel Member

I try to back up but now it says only 4.46 space needed but only 4.49 free what now?

4. john179

john179 Active member

By the sounds of things you need to compress your files.But as you can not answer a few straight forward questions i asked you to help you.Then i will give you the same respect in return and say bye bye

John179

5. deanne

deanne Member

help,i've installed nero6,when i go to burn the dvds it tells me that i have inserted a dvd rom,i have inserted a dvd-r(ridisc)and sometimes it tells me to change my settings to make it compatible with the dvds and sometimes it says it does not accept these types of discs,help i am so confused

6. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

7. colw

colw Active member

If you are using a OEM version of Nero - it is likely that the DVD burning fuction will be disabled.

You can download a 30 day (full working) trail version from Nero's site.

8. deanne

deanne Member

i am new at this so i dont know the jargon,my burner is sony vaio and the media im using is ritex,it reads the disc i want to copy but it doesnt want to burn

9. colw

colw Active member

OEM stands for Orignal Equipment Manufacturer (or similar).

Often when you buy a new piece of equipment such as a DVD burner, you will be provided OEM software. These are generally cut down versions of the full product and as such will not contain/allow access to all the features of the retail version.

Many DVD burners will be provided with the cut down version of Nero. As such you will not be able to access all the program functions and may suffer some frustrations.

With Nero you can upgrade to a full functioning version at a cost (aprox $50) or downloading a fully fuctioning trail version (time limited).