1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems can someone help???

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by eric_0012, Apr 30, 2005.

1. eric_0012

eric_0012 Member

I tried to back up 2 movies, Chicago & windtalkers on DVD Shrink and got errors on both so I tried Decrypter with Chicago and got a error message again, you can see the error messages at
    http://www.eaglepi.com/error.jpg

can anyone tell me what the problem is ????

2. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Looks like your discs have either got scratches on fingerprints on them, try giving them a clean and have another go at ripping them.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

eric_0012,
    Welcome to the forum. You either have a bad press or scratches are preventing the drive form reading the DVD. A DVD standalone player is more forgiving than a computer and this is probably why you can view the movies on the standalone. I would take them back to exchange them and see if you can find better copies

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi
    I copied this off the dvd decrypter website, from LIGHTNING_UK the author of dvd decrypter.

I/O Errors are NOT bugs!!!! (well, not 99.99999% of the time anyway)

An I/O Error is my way of displaying a problem your drive had with the disc or your system config (mainly a disc problem though).

Unrecovered read errors, Seek errors, Servo errors, Focusing errors, L-EC Errors, ECC errors, CIRC Unrecovered errors etc. are all your drives way of saying "I don't like this disc".

Clean the disc, update your drives firmware (http://www.rpc1.org), try it in another drive, get another copy.

END OF STORY!