1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having problems copying hero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mikedoggg, Nov 30, 2004.

1. mikedoggg

mikedoggg Member

dvd shrink will copy the movie th my hard drive but it wont play the sound i made sure i checked the audio to make sure i had it checked but still no sound and where it says decript at the top it says 00000001 i did spiderman 2 just fine any suggestions

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I thought the movie sucked!!! wasted $16.

Keep all the AC3 and dump the DTS.

3. JK231974

JK231974 Guest

Guys, I'm having the same problem, however, I can't even get through the analyzation stage on DVD shrink. I get to 45% and it locks up. At that point I get a programming error and DVDShrink closes. Mikedogg, did you have any success with actually completing the backup of Hero?

4. flip218

You try ripping with DVD Decrypter in File mode?

5. JK231974

JK231974 Guest

Haven't yet, but I'll try tomorrow. Since I'm new to DVD Decrypter, can you give me a quick run through Thanks for your help!

6. flip218

7. mikedoggg

mikedoggg Member

i can rip the whole movie to my hard drive i go to the folder where i put it and click to see if i have any sound and i dont to the movie hero this is the first dvd i had a problem with

8. Nihilist2

Nihilist2 Member

I am noticing the same thing, no sound...

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Check the DVD player software youre using. You should be able to toggle threw the different sound choices this movies default language is Chinese. Give it a try I bet the english is there you just got to look for it. I just did this movie last night with no problems.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Nihilist2

Nihilist2 Member

I was just playing it back through dvdshrink, and not getting any sound. I had english and chinese still selected.

I also had mine crap out during the analyze phase...

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try ripping the movie to the hard drive in file mode with Decrypter. I alwyays use Decypter that way first because it seems to have less trouble than Shrink at ripping moveis.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. JK231974

JK231974 Guest

Still no luck. I got to 49% complete using DVD Decrypter in file mode, then it froze. Tried again in ISO mode and got to 65%, but it crapped out. Any other suggestions? I heard AnyDVD may help???

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It just sounds like you got a bad original copy. Take it back and tell them it dosent play, and most places will give you a new one in return. If decrypter wont rip it than I doubt anything ele will either.

[​IMG]

14. JK231974

JK231974 Guest

This is the second copy I got and the same exact thing happened each time at the same exact spot. There has to be some file that's causing the problem. Looks like the problem is with file VTS_01_4.VOB

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You are saying this is the second copy of the disk you got and it does exactly the same as the other?? hmm wierd.. I had no problem with this movie. Try ripping each file individually. One at a time in Decrypter. Let me know how that turn out

Good luck

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh and by the way that movie isn't really even worth the effort. I liked every Jet Li movie until this one. Very very stupid..

17. flip218

I totally agree. Wasted $15.99

Wow, what great advise. I decided to try this way. I open decrypter -> clicked mode, then File F.

Copied 24 files. Skipped 0 in 16min 51sec. Using Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM (my second pc).

This movie can be ripped. But again isn't worth it :)

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hey Flip,
    Quick question here?
    I am looking for a good DVD ROM for ripping any suggestions? I know I know its off the subject, but I just was wondering your input on this. I am currently ripping with my older burner Pioneer DVR105, but I was just looking for something faster and reliable.

Again sorry to get off the subject. Forgive me mikedoggg :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  19. flip218

I'm happy with both my dvd-roms. I've got in one pc sony ddu-1612 and in my main liteon 167(couldn't find any liteon 166's)

If your able to rip a copy protected dvd between 5-7x your doing good. The only time I've ripped 12-15x is with unprotected dvds.

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

yeah ny burner only rips around 3x - 4x I'm not complaining to much because it rips anything I would just like to rip a little faster but still be able to rip anything also. Yeah I was thinking about that Lite-On. So which one do you like better out of the two?

Thanks for the response :)

[​IMG]