1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems recording DVDs on Nero Express 6.6

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by squeek71, May 27, 2007.

1. squeek71

squeek71 Member

My husband is trying to record some files he downloaded from the Internet onto DVD using Nero Express 6.6. The Nerovision Express version is 3. He has had two problems thus far. The first two times he tried to make the DVD, it froze up close to the end... It kept counting indefinitely... like it was recording.. But, it just stayed in the same spot and never progressed. We thought maybe the files it froze on were corrupt somehow, so he left those two files off of his latest attempt to burn the DVD. This time, the DVD burned successfully, but it won't play correctly on a regular DVD player. It is not viewable (all blotchy and not together), although the sound is ok, and it looks right when viewed in fast-forward. The software is new to us... So, we do not know much about working with it.

The files are AVIs and MPEGs, we think. Does that cause the problem? If so, is there a way to fix it?

I am not a techie, so please bear with me, if I am not explaining all of this well.

He has burned a regular purchased DVD movie before, and it worked just fine on that one. It appears to be a problem burning downloaded files... We have no idea what we are doing wrong or what steps we are omitting that would be causing this problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much...

2. attar

attar Senior member

There should be no problem if the files play ok on the PC before authoring them to the DVD.The only caution with Nero is that it may try to burn the DVD at max speed or not offer the chance to burn at 4x, which is preferable.
    If you insert the blank before running Nero then the option to burn at your selected speed is generally selectable.

You might want to try this program to convert the files to a DVD file format (in a folder) and then use Nero.
    One advantage is that you can check the output with your PC's software player (or click on the files)before burning.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe

Import the file(s) (AVI, MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

IMGBurn or DVD Shrink can also be used to burn the output to disk.