1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems to flash a DMS4 S.E. Lite! Help! :(

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shadowth, Jul 17, 2007.

1. shadowth

shadowth Member

Well, I'll describe eveything I've done so far...

I don't know much about the PS2 scene, softwares, chips and stuff. I've been into Xbox, 360, Wii and Cube, and this is my first PS experience. I bought the DMS4 since I heard from almost everyone, every review etc that it is the most advanced modchip out there.

I have a Silver 77001A PS2 and I've bought a DMS4 S.E. Lite modchip. As soon as the official diagrams for my mb came out (GH-051-02), I prepared everything for soldering it. Easy job. Everything worked just fine.

I tried to boot a game and... I tried starting with Triangle... Circle, X... Okay, cool, with Square I got the message: "DMS4 disabled. Push reset". Awesome, so, at least I installed the chip correctly.

With a little research I found out that the chip comes... "Virgin", no bios flashed to it (wtf? why is that).

So, now here's my problem... I've tried burning Toxic Bios, and the official DMS4 bios to a cd (I've done everything correctly, got 3 files on the CD). But I simply cannot boot it! I thought the chip had some kind of bios detection thing that would detect that I'm trying to boot the bios flasher and load it... But not... I just get the red screen of death...

How can I flash my chip? Is there any special buttom combination? (I've tried all of them, I think)

I'm using a maxell CD-R, burned with my notebook burner, lowest speed possible.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much.

2. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

You'd think the chips would come pre-flashed - and if I remember correctly Matrix Infinity chips do. On some level it's for legal reasons, and in some ways laziness too.

If you are sure you burned the BIOS to disc properly, then the update program should boot right away. If it doesn't, that could mean some wires used for authentication aren't quite correct - true even if you can disable the chip.

Double check your wires - and see if retail media will boot.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

How to Install
    ==============

Installation directions vary depending on boot method:

- ELF boot: Simply execute the ELF using your favorite loader application
    (PS2Menu, PS2Link, Naplink, PS2OS, LaunchELF etc) and follow the on-screen
    directions.

- CD boot: Simply burn the BIN/CUE provided, boot the disc and follow the
    on-screen directions.

you are just burning the CUE file to a CD, correct? If not then that is your problem. Get any CD burning program, load in the CUE file and burn it and it will burn the bin file and anything else it should. I suggest no faster than 24X speed.
    http://www.teamtoxic.com.cn/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  4. shadowth

shadowth Member

Got it to work. One of the DVD drive wires got loose when I was assembling the console! =(