1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having problems with convertX need help!!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by newbie911, Jun 11, 2007.

1. newbie911

newbie911 Member

ok so here goes, im a newb to the whole burning dvds scene but i bought convertX due to the fact that the trial version converted my movie and burnt it perfectly (ofcourse with the watermark on it but still..)its watchable sounds an quality is great! so after paying $40 i convert the same movie and try to put it on dvd, it converts and burns or so it says until i put it in my dvd player to watch and i have no playback menu or anything just an error comes up! can anyone help me or advise me where im going totally wrong??

2. attar

attar Senior member

On 'Settings' > 'TV Format' > 'Video Standard', did you specify NTSC or PAL?
    On 'Burning' is speed set to 4x?

3. newbie911

newbie911 Member

yeah i selected it to be compatible with both NTSC and PAL should i just select NTSC? and also i burn at 4x

4. attar

attar Senior member

I would select 'NTSC',(since I live in North America)just to eliminate one possible cause.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  5. newbie911

newbie911 Member

is there anything else it could be?? as i said in my first post i had no problems using the trial version it burnt fine and i could watch it. Maybe that is the cause of the problem the format is wrong. I shall try an let u know thanks mate

6. newbie911

newbie911 Member

attar you are a genius thanks alot mate it burnt perfectly i guess that was the problem after all!!
    cheers

7. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-Dokey.