1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems with DIKO....anyone?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jortiz157, Aug 9, 2007.

1. jortiz157

jortiz157 Member

I had downloaded DIKO and then removed it becuase the files werent saving properly. Then I tried to download again. At the end of the download it got to installing some kind of xvid.ax file and stopped there. I get an error message saying this: ERROR OCCURRED WHILE TRYING TO REPLACE THE EXISTING FILE: DELETE FILE FAILED; CODE 5. ACCEDD DENIED. I thought part of the file wasnt deleted properly the first time I removed it but I looked everywhere and didnt see anything. Any clues for me? Plus now when I try to play movies thry Medial Player, I am getting an error saying xvidcore.dll not found. Really want to watch the movies and I cant now.

2. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Ok, first off what are you trying to accomplish here? Are you attempting to make an AVI into a DVD format? Most likely you are using DIKO for this.

Suggestion: Delete DIKO completely! It's not the best program for what you need to do.

Here's what you want: VSO DivxtoDVD : It will do everything DIKO will but better. Here's a guide:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm

Alternatively you can use AVI2DVD another great freeware program
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd.cfm

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  3. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Also the reason yor not able to watch the movie on Media Player is because you need to install codecs. Here is some info on this:

You can install a Divx or Xvid codec and the video will play. Install AviCodec to determine what codec you need.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/what_codecs_to_use.cfm

Personally I like FFDSHOW and many other do as well. Go here to read about and install it: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ffdshow.cfm

This should help!

4. jortiz157

jortiz157 Member

tHANKS A bunch. I think i did have one And I was delteing a bunch of files and I think I deleted it. Thats probably why the DIKO wont download becuase it tries to but stops at an xvid file. I am going to try another converting program, more then likely the one you mentioned becuase DIKO takes forever and then ends up downloading wrond anyway. Thanks again.

5. jortiz157

jortiz157 Member

Ok so I can download the Divx which is the file I had deleted but you mentioned I can download an AVICodec. What exactly is the difference between the two? What kind of program is FFDSHOW?

6. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

FFDSHOW is basically the all in one codec including DivX & XviD which you will need. So if you use FFDSHOW you won't have to download the other codecs and you most likely won't experience any playback issues either.

If you're looking to convert the AVI then use the VSO DivxtoDVD program.

If you then would like to burn the converted file to a DVD-R for your home DVD player download Imgburn which is also free and it'll burn to the disc.

A quick guide to Imgburn :

Run ImgBurn
    Mode > 'Build'
    Output > 'Device'
    File > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Click the green write button.
    . DONE!

So with 2 free programs you can successfully burn a dvd for home viewing. However if your only going to watch on the PC then install FFDSHOW for the codec and Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0 to view.

7. jortiz157

jortiz157 Member

thanks again for all of your help. Once again in a recap, Avicodec is in place of the divx or xvid codec and I will be able to play once I reinstall and the name of this is FDDSHOW...then to convert use VSO divxtodvd.....is a program lke virtualdub needed? when i had problems with the conversions, i was told to run it thru virtualdub first becuase sometimes the files audio is off.....is this accurate?

8. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Ok, sounds like you got it to me. Yes, FFDSHOW is all you'll need to get the video to play.

As far as VirtualDub that is not a must have but is a good program if you want it. What it will do is join 2 AVI files together. Often after downloading a movie it ends up being 2 700 mb AVI files. This is also true if downloading a TV series. So VirtualDub can take those AVI files and merge them together into 1 file.

However, VSO DivxtoDVD can also merge multiple AVI files together. To do this all you have to do is open VSO and click on the browse folder > select your AVI file and click open > repeat this same step as ms much as you wish and the click the convert button. Now you'll have a Video-ts folder with all the AVI files you selected in 1 folder.

Go to Imgburn and burn the files on to a DVD for home viewing.

If you need anything else just ask!

9. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  10. MysticE

MysticE Active member

VSO DivxtoDVD doesn't merge anything, it creates 2 title sets... there will be a pause when your player switches to the next. The free version recommended by some is also not a good choice as it does not properly set the AR flags (among other things). It's an old, essentially beta version. For a few bucks ConvertXtoDVD is far superior.

If you want free try some of the newer, always being updated programs available. You'll also find they have excellent support forums at Doom 9 manned by true video experts. You'll get your choice of great encoders and properly encoded/authored results.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FAVC

http://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.html

11. jortiz157

jortiz157 Member

Ok now I have a new issue...maybe youll have some ideas on this...when i open my files that contains my downloads, i get an error saying xvidcore.dll for found....it just keeps poppin up until i close that file....i downloaded the encoder software...i thought that would solve the issue but i guess not....

12. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  13. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Your being way too specific! You can automatically create chapters for DVDs and put multiple movies on one DVDR disc with VSO which is why I reccommended it. Not to mention how simple it is to use.

I could've reccommended WinAvi which does convert multiple AVI files and merge into 1 but I was trying to go the free program route.

I could've said use NeroVision to burn multiple AVI files to a DVD but again it's not free.

I could've been more specific and stated that VSO doesn't exactlty merge the files together, however it does convert multiple files and places into 1 folder in Video-ts format which can then be burned to a DVD with all the files on it.

End the end it is the same! And I think VSO is a terrific program.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007