1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems with DVD Fab Decrypter Platinum

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Mexkbron, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Mexkbron

Mexkbron Member

Please Help I have DVD Fab Platinum I've been using for about a few months now with no issues. Suddenly, the problem arises only when I use the Clone feature on Fab that everything goes nuts. It will back up the movie itself ISO format on a Temp folder.It ejects the movie then I place my Dual Layer Disc(DVD+R Memorex)for it to burn the DVD image on it. But then it gives me an error and only burns like half the movie on the disc. I think it was 102 error it gave me I'm not positive. But then I used IMGburn to burn the movie and got another error with only half the movie burned this is what popped up.

I/O Error!

Device [1:0:0]Sony DVD RW DRU-810A 1.0e(D:) (ATA)
    Scsi Status 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 1E A8 10 00 00 20 00
    Interpretaion:Write (10) Sectors 2009104-2009135

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 21 02 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 03 04 05
    Interpretation: Invalid Address For Write

Does this mean the disc is too dirty or has a scratch on it beacuse it looks pretty good to me. I don't know what I'm talking about guys please help these Dual Layer Disc don't come cheap and wouldn't want to spend too much money on more dics coasters. Thanks ahead of time with whatever u got bye appreciate it.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mexkbron
    Update the drives firmware to the latest - 1.Of.

What speed are you burning at? If you can take it down a notch.

For dual layer discs use Verbatim only - this are more compatible with the different drives. Memorex uses different manufacturers and the ones that made these discs may not be compatible w/ your drive - reason they're failing.

3. Mexkbron

Mexkbron Member

Thanks alot I appreciate your help I will post again if all u told me worked thanks. The answer to your question is I am burning at 2.4x speed on the Dual Layer Discs. Well great thanks again I will try to flash the drive and change my discs, peace out

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem.

On the burn speed - nah no lower to go so you're good there.