1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems with DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Dopey, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Dopey

Dopey Member

Having problems getting a DVD to work on a standalone using shrink it. I'm doing fine with the downloading and compression part but then when I burn it to a disk it won't play on my computer or my standalone. For me to get it to work on my computer I have to go into the DVD and click on each individual VOB file. My standalone says "no disk". I know it isn't a incompatibility issue becuase if I use DVD Xpress I can get them to work on my stand alone. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Are you putting all the files in a folder called VIDEO_TS ? (CAPS and underscore important.) I also make an empty folder called AUDIO_TS and stick it on as well. I create my discs using RecordNow and selecting data DVD.

Let me know if this does or doesn't work.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, im doing what Ken is doing, using both DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter/DVD2One and burning with Record Now Max 4.50. However, i never bother with the AUDIO_TS folder, though include it if you want to. So far it has made no difference, but there is no harm in it being there.

Chris

4. Dopey

Dopey Member

Thanks for the help guys. I've been playing with it all morning. I finally figured out the VIDEO_TS file. That solved the problem on my computer. I was also comparing what is on the original disk and what DVD shrink copies and I noticed it didn't copy the VOB file for the disk. So I tried that. No luck. I can now get them to play on WinDVD but my stand alone still won't. I just copied another movie using the DVD Xpress trial and that works fine on my stand alone. I'm still stumped. Any other suggestions? maybe the dvd burning software. I use NTI DVD maker 6

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I would try downloading the Stomp RecordNow, and burning the disc using "data disc" option. They do offer a free 30 day trial, and the trial is fully functional. http://www.softlandmark.com/RecordNowMax.htm

Just for the record; the AUDIO_TS folder is often not needed (as Oriphus will point out; I like to complicate things.) ;) But one buddy's stand alone won't play my backups without it.

6. usmcja

usmcja Guest

how do u burn with recordnow max 4.50?
    dvds that is

7. usmcja

usmcja Guest

i have a question when u have time
    how do u burn with recordnow max 4.5
    i am burning a dvd i ripped with dvd shrink
    cant do it with nero cause it says there is a SCSI TARGET ERROR
    i also think my aspi drivers are messed up too
    could u help me please

8. usmcja

usmcja Guest

u said data dvd...i dont see the option there for that
    copy dvd, date disk, or music disk

9. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I'm not in front of my home computer right now, but I believe you cancel the wizard that comes up, select (file) (New job) (data disc.)

Then just drag and drop your VIDEO_TS folder (and AUDIO_TS if you like.)

10. usmcja

usmcja Guest

so put all my files into a videot_ts folder and then put in the data disc part

11. usmcja

usmcja Guest

have u heard anything about my error
    or do u know how to fix the aspi thing

12. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I haven't seen that error before, but I haven't really used Nero much.

13. usmcja

usmcja Guest

just to let u guys no that recordnow max way didnt help me at all.......maybe i am doing something wrong
    please help