1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Problems With ISO and BIN Files on PSP - Advice Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by RX620, Feb 15, 2007.

1. RX620

RX620 Member

System Software 3.03 OE-C

When downloading a UMD file on pc. I am trying to convert CSO files to ISO files then to EBoot files to play on my psp. Everywhere i go for advice i get the same answers just worded differently. Ive downloaded UMDGen4.0, CiSO Utility and even DevHook44. All seem to do the same thing in different ways. Am i doing something wrong or do i need to do more?

I am placing the Eboot files in the following directory:

Removeable Drive (F:)/GAME/ <--- added folder with its own file name

Eboot works fine but the UMD extractions are confusing me. I dont know where to place them.

I need a step by step guide on how to do this please.

Thankyou

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Could you give me one simple reason why you do that?
    Just create a folder called ISO on your memory stick and put the iso or cso files in there. They show up when you start your PSP.
    By the way, UMDgen is to rebuilt an iso, CiSO Utility I have no idea what for it is and DevHook 0.44 is an old iso loader you could use on your PSP to emulate another firmware and load and play games. It's pretty outdated, not as bad as some loaders I saw in some newer descriptions (MPH loader anybody?), also you don't have any use for it anymore because with your custom firmware you don't need a loader.

3. dos1986

dos1986 Guest

Like Eisherz said put the cso file into the iso folder it should play then.You dont need devhook etc on 3.03 0E-C just put cso,iso into iso and ps1 eboots into psp/game

4. jackwest

jackwest Member

I am new to the hacking/craching mumbo-jumbo.

but i have the same problem. i got .CSO and .ISO files and it just comes out as corrupted data when i place it in the ISO folder i made.
    help? is my version 3.03 too much and does it have a firewall against cso?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. RX620

RX620 Member

No worries people. Have done it. Thankyou.
    I downloaded these programs (Ciso and DevHook and UMDGen as many other forums suggested it)
    Tis was just me being retarded.
    Now my umd's are sucessfully backed up.