1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Problems with nero disc to disc copy

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by AliveAsh, Jan 19, 2005.

1. AliveAsh

AliveAsh Member

When I choose to copy a copy using Nero's disc to disc option my used read buffer won't pass 50 and my burner buffer level dips up and down. It takes about 30 mins to copy a copy when it used to only take 15. I can't figure out what caused the slow down. I upgraded to Nero 6.6 Reloaded and am having trouble. Can anyone help me?? I just copied Friday Night Lights from a copy and it took 34 mins!! Whats going on??

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go into your device manager and check your IDE channels. They need to be set to DMA if on PIO. Also make sure you shut down all programs running at startup of Window like anti virus programs etc. Do not multi-task and do not surf the web while burning. Last, how much ram do you have installed. 256mb is barely enough to run Windows so it should be at least 512mb. Hope this helps.

Jerry

3. AliveAsh

AliveAsh Member

I have 448 ram installed. I tried the switch to the dma in primary. The device 0 is in DMA if available but the current transfer mode won't switch, it says PIO mode even after reboot. But the secondary device 0 claims to be in DMA ultra mode as does it's decice 1 is in auto detection and DMA if available. I never had this problem before until I reinstalled a new hard drive.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Ok, the IDE channel that says its in PIO mode---remove it from the list. Then re-boot and let Windows reinstall the IDE channel. That usually will reset it.

Jerry

5. AliveAsh

AliveAsh Member

Sweet!!! I think it's going to work. I'm burning faster now! Thanks alot Jerry!!!

vito

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Glad it worked out. That usually corrects the DMA problem.

Jerry

7. Blustreet

Blustreet Member

I used to have the same problem. Windows would eventually set DMA back to PIO. If windows xp detects a total of 6 cumulative disk errors it reverts to PIO. I eventually solved the problem by replacing the hard drive.

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Its usually bad media or originals that cause the problem but I guess a bad burner would do it also.

Jerry