1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HAVING PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dodvet200, Nov 2, 2004.

1. dodvet200

dodvet200 Member

Just recently started using DVD Shrink and only copy the main title. Seem to be getting a lot of compression problems and pixelation when playing back copies of new releases.

The media is DVD-r Memeorex / DVD-r Fuji both 8x.
    Day After Tomorrow, Runaway Jury, and Transformer (for the little one) does not work either.

Also using Nero 6.0 Corp to burn and using 16x Burner/AMD FX-53 w/ Hyper X Dual Channel Ram/ 600 gig HD 3x200.

Anyone can help would really appreciate!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Memorex is a poor choice of blank media. They are buying media from a company that produces very poor quality media. Not real sure how Fuji stacks up, I have never used it. If you are burning a 8x speed, drop down to 4x and see if that helps. Poor quality media sometimes works better at 2x or 4x burns.

Jerry

3. dodvet200

dodvet200 Member

Thanks for the quick reply...I also deinstalled and re-installed the dvd shrink program again to make sure of good install.

After adjusting to the 4x option won't that take over an hour or so to burn the movie to dvd? Some of the other people I have talked with all say they just click on the open disc and then click on create full back up without having to do anything else and they get a perfect or near perfect backup all the time.

Do you think I should use a + or - when creating my backup and what brand other then memorex or fuji do you recommend?

All I want is to be able to copy just the titlte or main movie and kow that I will get good results.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The -R format seems to be more campatible with dvd players. Thats all I use these days. Ritek or Verbatim grade A blanks are a very good choice. I use Ritek only but they are hard to find in stores. I order 25 at a time from http://www.meritline.com. Making a copy of the movie only will give you the best quality because of less compression.

Jerry

5. dodvet

dodvet Member

Starting: When I put the media in by default it will always analysis should I also do deep analysis again before going into backup? I have read a couple of people say that it helps....

Then as I stated I am only creating backup of the title w/ no extras..I have set the speed to 4x/Region as Default/Pref: to custom 4300 as stated and last 2 check boxes/Output files tab: all but last are checked/File i/o: top half only last box is checked, bottom 1st box is checked/ with all this being said and changing disc to your recommendations any thing else I should do to ensure good copies....No Labels on Disc (Stupid idea anyway)....

Once again thanks for the response...I wasted so much time and not to mention crappy selection of media...Learning curve I guess

Thanks

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Deep analysis is said to help final quality but does add more time to the process. I would try one movie with it on then with it off and see if you see enough difference to justify the extra time. You could use a RW disc for the tests so as not to use too many blanks. Everything else seems set OK. We all go through that learning curve. I made the mistake of buying X Copy software before finding this site. My first 25 blanks were Khypermedia that came with my burner. I couldn't understand why more than half of them never worked until I found this forum. They are junk media. Good luck and let us know if you run into any more problems.

Jerry