1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having probs

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by gary_uk21, May 31, 2007.

1. gary_uk21

gary_uk21 Regular member

Right guys i've got a Skyworth Dvd 3650 DIVX player with is 5.1 sorround sound compatabile with an optical connection, so i went and got a sorround sound system to connect to it. I've connected my xbox 360 through the optical connection on the back of the dvd player. When i go to play the 360 through it i get no sound and i can't check the settings on the dvd player as its all in forigen (don't ask me how lol) tried to change it back to english with no sucess

The sorround sound system works fine when using with dvd player and through tv and check settings on 360 they are set as 5.1 so just wondering if it has something to do with dvd player settings?? would like to gt this sorted cos if not means will have to buy an amp, which means more money lol

2. JVC

JVC Active member

You probably need to go into the Xbox's setup menus, and set the audio output to "Bitstream", or digital audio "ON". Whichever terminology they use. The optical input on back of dvd/receiver may need to be assigned. If you have the owner's manual for it, it may have diagrams of menus, so you can set it to english. If not, contact the company. They may can help.

You might can set it back to factory settings. If so, hope the default language for it is English.
    Good luck!

3. gary_uk21

gary_uk21 Regular member

i've managed to get the menu in english, all the settings are correct and same with the xbox 360 set as dobly digital 5.1, still wont play any sound from the 360???

gary

4. JVC

JVC Active member

I did a search for that model.
    Everything I came up with appears that it's just a dvd player. It's not an HT receiver, with dvd built in. The optical on back is an output, not an input.