1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having some problems with my new pc?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by AnimeCrazedLover, Jun 4, 2012.

1. AnimeCrazedLover

AnimeCrazedLover Member

I have recently purchased a used pc its a windows vista home premium desktop.I also am purchasing a 32 inch lcd tv it has s-video hook ups on tv and HDMI but no vga.And my pc dose not have s-video or HDMI.

So I need to know what should I do purchase a little more expensive tv with a VGA or put a HDMI into my PC.

I also would like to know more about windows should I stick with the Windows Vista until windows 8 comes out or just upgrade to the windows 7 or leave it alone at the vista.

The computer is not a built pc but I just need to switch a few thing on it.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

you could upgrade your video card to one with an hdmi port.i,personally never really had a problem with vista.that having been said,i really like win7.all depends on your budget.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is the make & model# of the computer or motherboard? what is the system specs of your computer as in ram amount, cpu type(single core, dual core or what), hard drive capacity & total wattage output of your power supply?

4. AnimeCrazedLover

AnimeCrazedLover Member

It is a Gateway GT5622 its 64 bit Dual Core Processor 3GB memory and 400GB hard drive.Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Up to 224 MB Shared Video Memory

Power supply is 300 watt.I do not have the pc rite in front of me rite now so I looked it up online.

5. ddp

specs link http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1014733R/1014733Rsp2.shtml
    shows you can put in a PCI Express ×16 videocard. what are you going to use the pc for & what is your budget for videocard? can put in an ati radeon hd6450 card that has vga, dvi & hdmi without changing your psu, goes for about $50Can.

6. AnimeCrazedLover

AnimeCrazedLover Member

My budget is not all that bad a 50 dollar video card would be ok.I mostly use my pc for watching online videos and movies and stuff like that I am a huge anime fan so I watch lots and lots of anime online daily.And I wanted to set up my pc for a tv so I could have a nice sized monitor.

I may actually take the 32 inch tv off layaway next month and get a bigger one and still get the hdmi video card.

7. ddp

that ati radeon hd6450 besides 3 video connectors has a gig of ram on it. have setup 1 for a customer to run dual monitor, a regular lcd monitor & 32" tv monitor.

8. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

the cheaper option would be vga to hdmi adapter