1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having some trouble w/ duel sided dvds

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jimcreedx, Mar 2, 2007.

1. jimcreedx

jimcreedx Guest

i am trying to backup the movie sleepers, but it is on both sides of the dvd, why i don't know, but each side is about 3 gigs. i wana use shrink but i am not sure how i can back up the whole movie, making it so there are no delays in the movie? any ideas

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Here is a very basic method I use when joining sides with Shrink. It works OK unless you end up with too much compression which will cause quality problems.

Open the second side of the disc and select re-author. Backup the second side to a folder on your desktop. Here it will remain until it is needed:

[​IMG]

Next, close Shrink, open your drive and flip the disc to side 1.
    Open Shrink > Open Disc > Reauthor.
    Drag the main movie title over to the left:

[​IMG]

Now to add the second half.
    Open the DVD Browser and find the folder containing side 2 on your desktop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Double click to open the folder containing side 2.

[​IMG]

Find title 1 from part 2 and drag it over to the left:

[​IMG]

The compilation looks like this with both halves in place:

[​IMG]

Optional:
    You only need to do this if there is trash at the end of the first half or the beginning of the second. It may take a couple of tries to get it right.
    Use the Set Start/End frames feature to trim the area where the two halves are to be joined. If your movie is divided at a scene change you may not have to do this.
    Highlight the first half and click the arrows to open:

[​IMG]

Use the buttons and sliders to find the end frame that should match up to the start frame of the second half.

[​IMG]

Click OK when you get it where you want it.

[​IMG]

Do the same thing with the second half, Highlight:

[​IMG]

Open Set Start/End frames and this time adjust the starting point of the second half:

[​IMG]

And again. select OK.

[​IMG]

Check your trim job with the preview window. You can still go back and make adjustments at this point.

Now that both halves are in place and trimmed to fit, Backup your compilation as usual.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007