1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having some trouble with different types of media

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by JAC79, Aug 31, 2004.

1. JAC79

JAC79 Member

I'm new at this stuff, but so far I've been able to backup over 20 movies and ps2 games without any problems. when I got my burner, I bought a 25 pack of tdk dvd+r discs and have used them all up successfully. Then I went out and bought some verbatim dvd-r since i read on this site that is the most recommended brand to use. Anyway all the movies I've backed up using tdk discs play on my home dvd player, but the verbatim discs do not play.Does anyone know what could cause this.

by the way my home dvd player is a cheap ass apex that i got as a gift a few years ago.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Were the Verbatims the DataLifePlus? Verbatim has different grades of media and I always recommend the DataLifePlus since they use the Super AZO dye which is the good stuff.

Try running one of your Verbatim's through this tool http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/ then post the manufacturer ID for us and we'll go from there :)

3. JAC79

JAC79 Member

I dont recall if they are datalifeplus or not, but I am at work right now and I will check when I get home then post again.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  4. viper64

viper64 Guest

It is your apex player, my friend has a apex that is around two years old and his player has a hard time playing anything. Buy a new player they are very cheap now.

5. viper64

viper64 Guest

I have a Cyberhome dvd player and this thing plays it all:dvd+/-, dvd/rw+/-, mp3,cd-r, cd/rw, and is also has p-scan only $39.00 at best buy