1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble backing up...

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mcelano83, Jan 26, 2007.

1. mcelano83

mcelano83 Member

Hey guys, I could use help...
    I was trying to backup Ace Ventura and for whatever reason, my methods are not working properly. I'm getting an error in DVD Decrypter telling me it "failed to read a sector", and it seems it came towards the end too. I also tried DVD Fab Decrypter as well as Rip It 4 Me, and all the same problem. I know it's not an old movie, therefore I wouldn't have thought this would be causing me as much trouble as it has. I've never come across this problem where at least one of the methods didnt't work on both new or old movies especially.

Can anyone help? Do you recomend a different method or could it just be the quality of the disc, which I think could be it. There are scratches on it, it is old.

Thx

2. colw

colw Active member

You have a damaged disk - obtain an alternative copy and retry.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Colw is correct ..... you have a bad press or a dirty diskand this movie is easy to do...... you have the right programs to do it with and should not have a problem..... try cleaning your disk first (take rubbing alcohol or sudsy water and a soft, no lint, cloth and wipe in straight lines from the inner circle to the outer edge..... do not go in a circle! make sure to dry it good!). then if that doesn't work you'll need a new copy of the disk and retry it again!