1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having trouble burning dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by menewfy, Jan 5, 2005.

1. menewfy

menewfy Guest

hi there in need of dome help here.
    when i have been trying to dub a movie from original dvd it is analizing then encoding onto hard drive temp files, then askes for blank disc, put it in and it starts encoding onto disc.

here is where the problem lies it stops around 1/3 way through it stalls or gets hung up. the only option i have is to cancel it and try again. but now not only is that disc buggered but if i try it again so is that one cause the same thing happens.

the software i am using is nero 6 full version and dvd shrink dvd 3.2 i have done a couple already for some reason it was working and then just stopped. I do not remember adjusting it of even fusking with it. because i did the first two like i said and put in the third and this happened.

so if someone could help me out with it i certainly would appreciate it.
    thx
    tim

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Probably someone (Nephlim) will move you to the MPEG-1 and -2 encoding forum.
    First question: did you try to use one of the methods explained in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ ?
    For example, in the DVD-R section there are:
    [bold]
    · Copy DVD to DVD-R using DVD Decrypter (DVDs smaller than 4.36GB)
    · Copy DVD-9 movie to a single DVD-R with DVD2One
    · Copy DVD-9 to DVD-R using DVD X Copy XPRESS
    · Copy entire DVD-9 movie to a single DVD-R using DVD Shrink
    · Copy full DVD movie disc to a DVDR using CloneDVD
    [/bold]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved :)