1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble burning DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xsenergy, Jan 28, 2007.

1. xsenergy

xsenergy Member

Hey Guys,

I am having some trouble burning a DVD.

I am using 4.7 DVD-RW Verbatim discs. I just bought an internal DVD Burner.

The programs I have are DVD Converter, DivXtoDVD, DVD Shrink, and Nero Express.

I converted my .avi video with DivXtoDVD, and it turned it into a .VOB file. I then tryed burning it with Burn4FreeCDandDVD program, and it supposedly burned, but my Go.Video JVC DVD player can't read it.

So, can anyone recommend a good FREE dvd burner program that I can use?

And also, the Nero program I have wont burn the .VOB files.

2. seadale

seadale Regular member

i suggest you get the following free programs if your serious about backing up your movies. anydvd(21day free trial). dvdfab, dvddecrypter, dvdshrink, ripit4me,(with fixvts) imgburn(new dvddecrypter), voblanker. these are the programs many of us use with much success. search the site & you'll be able to find this great software. Happy burning.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@xsenergy

Most likely the reason why your DVD will not play the files is because you have not made a compliant DVD. You are probably just burning the converted files as a DATA DVD which is not a compatible way to burn a DVD for a home DVD Player to play.

DivXTODVD should have converted the AVI file to DVD Compliant files. IFO/BUP/VOB You will need to use these files to make a compliant DVD disc. To do this you can use Nero Burning Rom.

Start Nero Express and choose Nero Burning ROM in the list of programs. Then follow the image below to make a compliant DVD video of the files that DivXTODVD output. (When you get to the part to select the VIDEO_TS folder you will then go to the directory that DivXTODVD has output the converted DVD compliant files)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  4. xsenergy

xsenergy Member

Hey,

Thank you for your replys!

I figured out how to burn the DVD that I wanted to burn. But with one slight problem. When I play the DVD, there is an annoying watermark that says something like "If you want to remove this watermark, please purchase yada yada yada at yadayadayada.com". I really don't want to purchase anything to remove a watermark, so does anyone know a freeware program that doesn't have a watermark, or a way to remove it without paying? Thanks a bunch.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

6. xsenergy

xsenergy Member

So what your saying is I can't use .VOB format?

All I want is to get rid of the watermark

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you want to get rid of the watermark then buy DivXTODVD.

I gave you the link above for Nero Vision Express. Using that program does the same thing as what DivXTODVD does but it will not leave a watermark.