1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble burning music cd

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Jay05, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I'm just doing trying to burn a normal music cds to another blank cd because I'm making a mix for myself, but I'm having trouble doing so. This is what I did
    I ripped all the songs I wanted into my computer and all songs I ripped plays well through WMP. Now I insert a blank cd and I burn those songs. Well it's burned and when I put it into my cd player or other cd players it works until track 8 then from track
    9 - end it doesn't even read. The weird thing is if I insert the burned cd into my computer or into a stereo like with 2 separate speakers with the cd thing in the middle.(know what I'm talking about?) it plays all the songs. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanx for your time.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I had a few CDs like that which I burned awhile ago. I think it has to do with burning 2 separate sessions on a CD, and the CD player won't be able to read the 2nd session. My PC reads the whole disc, but my CD player could only read the first half of the CD. I don't remember exactly what I did wrong, but maybe if you're using Nero, try burning DAO (disk-at-once) instead of track-at-once.

3. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Is it possible if you can give me direction on buring as DAO and not track at once. I don't really use nero when I burn music. I always used Windows media player and Sonic Stage 2.0 to burn music. Now my burns gotten really weird these days...

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I really don't know because I've never used WMP or Sonic to burn audio CDs. WMP is too no-frills and you can't really set many options like gaps betweens tracks, etc. Either you should download a more robust audio CD burning shareware program or maybe update to WMP 10. I think the idea is you want to burn all the tracks and finalize the CD in one step.

5. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I'm try the update of WMP...do you know where I can download it? Thanx

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

You can download WMP 10 from straight Microsoft web page: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx
    or
    CNet's Download.com: http://www.download.com/Windows-Media-Player/3000-2139_4-10315037.html?tag=lst-0-1

My favorite piece of software for burning music CD's is Apple iTunes (for windows). It gives you more options than WMP (like gaps between tracks!) but is still easy to use. On top of that it is very fast at burning CD's (depending on the speed of your optical drive of course). Unlike WMP the iTunes lets you use .mp3 files as well as .WMA (Windows Media Audio) and various Quicktime formats. The only thing is that if you are using .WMA files it will only use them if you convert them to thier .M4A (MPEG 4 Audio) after importing them (iTunes will convert the files automaticaly).

You can get iTunes from the Apple web site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/
    or
    (again) from Download.com: http://www.download.com/iTunes-for-Windows/3000-2166_4-10235268.html?tag=free

Happy burn'in,
    Ced

7. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Thanx alot I'll download it asap!

8. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Hey Thanx downloaded and it's great!