1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble converting Click to ipod format

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by techtard, May 5, 2007.

1. techtard

techtard Member

Hi All...new here!

This is a great site first off. Second...I'm having trouble converting Click to ipod format. I used dvdfab to rip it then I'm using Videora to convert it...but it only converts half the movie!! Grrr has anyone converted this movie to ipod format??? If you have..can you tell me how?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! ;)

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

have you tried clonedvd Mobile from www.slysoft.com?

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Do you have the DVD Disc or just the DVD files?

4. techtard

techtard Member

No I haven't tried CloneDVD but I definitely will now (thank you).

Ugh this is so hard for me to explain but I'll try. I have the actual dvd. So I tried to rip it using dvd decrypter & shrink but either time it won't go all the way through. Then, I used defab...it makes the file but it's broken up into about 5 different files. So I convert the first VOB file...and I only get 27 minutes of the movie. Is there a way to make it ONE file? LOL I actually backed up my Click movie and tried to rip/convert to ipod with that one but the audio was not in sync with the actual movie. So now I'm trying to capture the actual dvd.

Thank you so much for helping me!!!!

5. techtard

techtard Member

Ok...I used CloneDVD and I'm not quite sure what I was supposed to do with that program. I tried to use it to rip the original disk but of course it said it was copy written. So I then used it on my back up movie disk...it ripped it but it was again in 5 different sections:

[​IMG]

I am sorry if I seem a bit "noobish" at this but I am! LOL I'm good at making back up dvds of my collection but getting them to ipod is very..."interesting". I actually have about 10 movies on my ipod but for some reason I'm having trouble with Click. And I LOVE THIS MOVIE! LOL

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Download CloneDVDMobile and AnyDVD

CloneDVDMobile is similar to CloneDVD. In the first window select "iPod" as the format and then next and then just follow the prompts.

7. res2cue

res2cue Guest

thaks for helping out Pea... I knew the programs he needed, just have never used them to give the details.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

no problem res2cue :) I joined the forum because I love helping people.

9. techtard

techtard Member

Wow you guys are amazing! Thank you so so much!!!! PeaInAPod you super rock! This clonedvd thing is pretty cool! Gonna purchase it. Again...thank you so much for your help!

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

just so you know there are many programs out there that will convert your ripped DVD to iPod format (mpg4). Videora is one of them but the makers don't give you a guide and I find using that is very confusing! So I hear you on that Techtard. I use DVDFab Platinum on most of my iPod conversions. Does a great job and I use 2 Passes to make sure that the quality is high! I also use DVDRebuilder Pro with CCE to do a DVD5 and Mobile (mpg4) at the same time! very cool feature and works great!

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  11. techtard

techtard Member

Well thank you IHoe! Will definitely check out those programs as well. I think I've learned so much already hopefully I won't have this kind of problem again!!! Thanks again all!

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@techtard

IHoe has recommended a few great programs to you, some of which are more advanced than what I believe you have undertaken. So if you try one out and get stuck let us know and we'll help you out with it.

13. wguru

wguru Member

Get SUPER. Free and it converts nearly everything except .rm files.