1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble copying my DVD Ps2 Game

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Whitfield, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi--
    I have been succesful in backing up my entire DVD Movie collection, but have had trouble trying to copy a PS2 game I just bought for my nephew-(Who may well destroy the original)I studied these threads, maybe not closely enough, but was hoping someone could come to my aid. I used DVD Decryptor to dput the movie on my hardrive, but it will not burn succesfully--error reads something like "error writing file"--Anyway, is there an easy to follow guide when using these programs?--Oh, I also have Nero if that helps--Thanks for any advice--

Whitfield

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

does your nephew have a modded ps2?

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

No--He does not have a modded PS2--Just a standard--I was finally able to back it up--but don't know if it works yet--He lives in another part of the country, so I just mailed the burned disk--But, when I backed it up--I tried to burn to ISO file, but it came back and said I should burn the bup file or something and I did--does that make sense?

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

No--He does not have a modded PS2--Just a standard--I was finally able to back it up--but don't know if it works yet--He lives in another part of the country, so I just mailed the burned disk--But, when I backed it up--I tried to burn to ISO file, but it came back and said I should burn the bup file or something and I did--does that make sense?

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

I mean it says to burn the MDS file--which only shows 5MB, but when burned it must include the ISO because it shows the right amount of file space(3.4GB)I am confused.

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I usually just use alcohol 120% to burn a disk to disk copy at 1x. It takes a long time, but it works really good.
    Also, do you have Swap Magic to load the backups with?

7. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

You have to have a mod chip to play backups. Flip top/smd combo or chip.

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Thank you both for answering--I think I have a problem--When you talk about the mod chip is that an actual piece of hardware or a program? How can I obtain one?--I am assuming that is what most people do that want to play games that have been burned?--I am sorry to sound like such a newbie--but I am--I do succesfully burn DVD movies as backups--but they can be played in most stand alone DVD's--Anyway, any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Whitfield

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You would need the Swap Magic dvd 2.0 to play your backup games on your ps2. Along with using the Swap Magic loading disk, you would either purchase the flip top with Swap Magic, or use the slide card method. The flip top is probably easier and more convenient. I used to use the slide card method, but i just used a knife to do it.
    I would recommend the flip top, but you'd have to determine your ps2's version and get the cooresponding fliptop.

10. cpmario

cpmario Member

i cant copy my ps2 games succesfully, every tutorial of tue dvd decrypoter says that i have to use as a max of the dvd 4.3, how can i burn them with a more capacity

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

whatever you are reading is wrong. you only need to burn the size of the game.