1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble playing smackdown vs raw 2007

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by flyersman, Jun 19, 2007.

1. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

Hey,

I have 16X Taiyo Yuden DVD-R on a (V. 12 I think) slimline PS2. I have the fliptop and Swap Magic 3.8. I put in SD VS RAW 07 In DVD Decrypter and did ISO read. I then put it in NERO and burned it at the slowest I could, 4X. I put in Swap Magic 3.8 and put in my game and then did normal boot, I tried 3x and it went back to browser screen on my PS2. I then tried it with special boot and it just stayed at a black screen. Any idea what is wrong. The file is 4.12 GB. Do I need to rebuild or anything?

Thanks!

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I have the same game and a PS2 V14 Slim, mine plays great and is 4.11GB. I wouldnt burn it too slow as that can cause problems also. I burn my 16X DVD's at half that speed and they play fine. That works for me anyway.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Use DVD Decrypter to both read and write the game, it will work much better than Nero. You can try burning it again at 4X and if that doesn't work bump it up to 8X. I do all of my media at 4X, even on a 16X disc. But for some people it causes problems. I never use Nero as you often get bad results.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007