1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having trouble port forwarding with bt homehub

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by sudeki300, May 10, 2007.

1. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member

i recently got a bt home hub and i am having trouble forwarding the ports on the router.i have followed the guide on portforward.com but still getting error messages.when i had my other router i just forwarded the ports from the network connections in windows xp.but now i am doing this from the hub manager like the website says.if any one can give me any pointers that would be great.thanks for reading...................sudeki300

2. wrigh2004

wrigh2004 Member

hi m8 i have bt home hub and followed portforward and my ports are open now! make sure you run through everything and assign the port(s) your opening to ya computer. I'll try help a little more if you still havin problems. Not much i can say really tho soz.

3. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member

in your network connections on windows did you change anything there,on the advance tab say for connection sharing.or shall i leave that alone and do everything through hub manager.thanks for the reply...............sudeki300

4. wrigh2004

wrigh2004 Member

i'll run you through everything i did step by step (don't think i'm being patronising i'll just put evrything in :) ) my software version is 6.11.R

1 Open up hub manager
    2 Select Advanced
    3 Select continue to advanced
    4 Select Login as another user (user:admin password:admin)
    5 Select toolbox
    6 Select Application Sharing
    7 Select New Game or Application
    8 Change Name to wot ever u wish
    9 Select tab manual entry of port maps and click next
    10 Enter your port numbers into port range and click add

Now thats the ports set up now u need to assign your ports to the pc laptop

1 Click assign a game to local network drive
    2 Now select the drop down menu of the listed programs and select the one u created
    3 Select the pc, laptop u require and click add

The named program should now be listed as assigned to your computer and ports should be open, thats all i did. Hope this helps as it took a while to do he he.

Let us know how it goes Dan

5. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member

i have done all the steps which you have listed and these are the same on portforward.com but it still comes up as not opened.i just don't know what is wrong.before i used to open the ports from the network connection screen in windows xp on the advanced tab.i'm stumped mate.my version of bt hub manager is 6.2.2.6 i don't know if that makes a difference,i don't think it does because that the version that is shown on the portforward website..............sudeki300

6. wrigh2004

wrigh2004 Member

have you checked if theres anysecurity settingson the hub i know mine are set to standard. and i allow my port to be open via windows firewall but it did that itself and i also have mcafee and i allow it through that 2! sory can't helpany further m8.

Dan

7. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member

thanks for all your help buddy,it might be something to do with norton that i have set up.do you have internet sharing set up also i don't know if this ha something to do with the port not being opened.anyway have a good weekend and take care and thanks again mate.........sudeki300