1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having troubles combining OGM files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Pop_Smith, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I am having trouble combining OGM files, they are Anime so I do not want to re-encode them unless I absolutely have to.

Basically I want to combine them so I can place them on a DVD so I can watch them on my TV.

My problem: I am using VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1, I tried 1.5.10.2 as well, to combine the OGM files without re-encoding as I don't want to loose any quality at this point as I know when I get to the step of OGM -> DVD I will loose some quality.

The series is 25 episodes, I can combine 1-15 and 23 without a problem but if I try to add episodes 16-22, 24 and 25 to 1-15 or 23 it errors. The exact error, which was generated in both 1.5.10.1 and 1.5.10.2 it gives me is:

Cannot append segment: The samplerates do not match (23.97604 vs 23.97599).

I am not sure how to fix this, which is why I posted. I was personally surprised that such a small frame rate difference generated an error.

Thanks for the help!

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I don't get it. You don't need to join them to put them on a DVD. Better to just burn them as separate files.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Ok, I was going to use AVI2DVD as it works with CCE but I thought I could only do it with one file. Its 26 episodes so could AVi2DVD put them all on one DVD?

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Ok, here is a bit of an update:

I found out you can have AVi2DVD combine the files for you but it uses VirtualDub(Mod in my case) to combine the files so it can't do it.

I was using AVi2DVD as I thought you had to reencode .ogm files before you burn them to a DVD.

Also, I want to be able to put in the DVD and just watch the series start to finish, which is why I was trying to combine the files.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You can set your DVD so that after one title finishes it goes onto the next though. Much better than all eps as a single title.

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

OK my main problem, and the reason I was looking to combine the episodes into one, is that pre-compression all the episodes are 5.79GB combined and I wanted to use CCE to keep as much of the quality as possible.

However, AVi2DVD uses VirtualDub to combine the files which gives me the error in my first post.

7. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You can still use CCE, just not AVI2DVD if it can't handle multiple titles.

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

OK....

So, I can put all 26 episodes on a DVD then have CCE recode them down to 4.7GB? What tool should I use to do this?

Sorry for all my questions, I am just not real sure of what I am doing as I have never done this before.

Thanks for the help.

Peace

9. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

26 * say 25mins = 10.8 hours. Not going to happen. You are going to need to use more than one disc.

Sorry, but I would just leave them as ogm's. Maybe check out TheFilmMachine. From the screenshots, either it supports multiple titles or they are planning on adding it later.