1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hd 7850 Upgrade

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Mereinid, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Hey all, I am looking to upgrade my graphics card. I seem to keep reading that one needs to upgrade 3 levels for a competent upgrade. I am not sure what that means so I have a Gigabyte 2 Hd 7850 currently. What would be a considerable upgrade for that card? I must say, I am not made of money so I will stick with what I have if the only upgrade is $500.00+ card. My entire pc setup was only $900.00. Soooo. Anyway, any help would be great.

Regards,
    Mereinid

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what are you using the computer for, gaming, browsing or what? what are your system specs including psu?

3. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Hey there, ddp, here are my specs, and I am using it for gaming for the most part & watching all of my tv shows that I miss.

Windows 8 -64GB
    AMD FX 8120 3.10GHz (eight core)
    RAM: 16GB
    Seagate 1TB HDD 7200
    Seagate 2TB HDD 7200
    Gigabyte M.B. GA-78LMT-USB3
    Corsair 600W Power Supply

Hope this helps, thanks again.

4. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Anyone? =)

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what are the games you are playing & what do they want for a videocard?

6. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Ok, I will give you the games I have installed on my PC now, just the .exe icons on my secondary monitory.

Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Battlefield 4, Bioshock, 1, 2, & 3, Borderlands, 1 & 2-( I will be getting 3), DC Universe Online, Dead Space 1, 2 & 3, Diablo III, Divine Divinity: Original Sin, Doom 3 BFG, Dungeons and Dragons; Daggerdale, Enclave, Eevequest 1 & 2, Fallout 3, Guild Wars 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Kingdom of Amalur, Minecraft, Morrowind, Path of Exile, Rift, Rise of Nations, Sacred 2, Shadowrun Returns, Skyrim (modded to hell & back), Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, Stalker-Clear Sky, Stalker- Call of Pripyat, The Witcher 1 & 2, Thief, Tomb Raider (newest), Torchlight 2, Transformers; War for Cyberton, Wasteland 2, Wolfenstein; New Order. Then about 22 more with in Steam, some of them do not have desktop icons.

All of them, minus the ones that were created prior to 2000 ask for a modern video card. Specifically, you will have to look each up to find out that. I just wanted to know what 3 tier higher video card would I need to look for to replace this one.

Respectfully,

Mereinid

7. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Thanks so much all, I moved this question to another forum, they took care of it. I won't be checking back on this thread.
    Have a good one.

Respectfully,
    Mereinid