1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Advance 2.0 Problems, help PLZ..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by arni51, Dec 18, 2004.

1. arni51

arni51 Member

I just got an HD Advance 2.0, my network adapter can connect online, and I have a compatible hard drive on their list, but it still doesn't even ask to format the hard drive, instead it just stays at the splash screen, is there something else i need to do to make this work?

2. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

from http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_faq.htm

try searching google if you need any more help

3. arni51

arni51 Member

I have a compatible maxtor hard drive which is already listed on their list.

4. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

well if you look at the list ( http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/ ) you will see some people will say a certain drive works on their ps2 and others will say it doesnt such as the Maxtor 6Y080L0 most say it works but for 3 people the drive didn't work. It depends on your PS2 version and what kind of Network Adaptor you have. The Ethernet only network adaptors tend to not work as well as the Ethernet/Modem ones. If you have an Ethernet only NA i would try a Ethernet/Modem NA and if the drive still doesn't work then i don't know what to tell you.
    Hope this helps!

5. arni51

arni51 Member

Nice website, but it only has my hard drive down once (a 60gb Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9-6Y060P0 8MB 7200U/min) for a dms3 HD loader, which doesn't explain how i can get mine to work.

6. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

well I noticed that person is using an Ehternet and Modem Network Adaptor witch tend to work better with HDLoader/HDAdvance. Are you using a Ethernet only Network Adaptor?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004