1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Advance 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by ps2gamer9, Dec 28, 2004.

1. ps2gamer9

ps2gamer9 Member

Does HD Advance 2.0 work good???????

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Yes..............

3. bobglaub

bobglaub Member

I have it and have been using it for a month now, it's awesome.

4. egomaniac

egomaniac Regular member

Can it be purchsed in a store anywhere or only online?

5. stevel33

stevel33 Guest

I put Madden 2005 on the Hard drive in my PS2 using HD Advance but it will not play. Does anyone know if there is an issue with some games that won't play from the Hard drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6. Markvia

Markvia Member

can some1 please help alright im totally lost question) can i buy a external usb hard drive from maxtor and plug it in some where in my ps2 and use it just as u would use a internal 40 gig one that comes with final fantasy ?

7. LabeLD

LabeLD Guest

Not sure if you can use a USB hard drive with the PS2... I would say now, but ya never know. Heres another question:

Is there some way to backup multidisk games with HDadvance? Also, what about DVD9 games?

8. havingfun

havingfun Member

stevel3,
    In order for you to play Madden 2005 in HDD by HDAdvance method, you have to enable Mode 3. In main menu of HDAdvance, you push select button on your controller and you should be able to select three different Mode on and off. Just enable Mode 3 to on and push select button again and play your game, it should work ok now.

9. Dr_Death

Dr_Death Member

I'm trying to Get Tony Hawks Underground 2 to work I've enabled all the modes and it still will not play the game. Has anyone else tryed this game and had this problem?

thank you

10. stevel33

stevel33 Guest

havingfun,
    thanks. appreciate the help...

11. csanova

csanova Guest

LabeLD from experiance and from wat forums say dvd9 games cant be copied for some reason if im not mistaken its a duel layer problem and wont be able to be copied however if you want go to ps2ownz dot com and their is a compatiblity list located their that you can check so that you can see what mode to put in or if the game works with hd advance or not.

As for multi disk games i highly doubt this but maybe if you cand combine them somehow in the pc then put it into the ps2 hd via hdl_dumb then you might be able to play it.

12. havingfun

havingfun Member

According to HDAvance website, DVD9 is incompatible. I tried to install DVD9 and looks like it installed but won't play at all. I haven't tried to install multi disc game but I have heard that you can install individual disc and be able to play the first disc game and save the game before it ask for second disc. Reboot the system and start with second disc file retrieving saved file and play that second disc level. I haven't tried this yet so I can't confirm this procedure. If I am successful, I will post the result.

13. spider21

spider21 Member

Ok I have 2 questions about the HD Advance for the Ps2.

1. If I get it can I go online with the games without the original disk and boot off the hard drive, like GhostRecon 2, Call of duty: Finest Hour. And would there be some patch or trick needed to play online? Because when you go online I know it looks for the online authorize number, would that still copy it to the hard drive when transfering it over.

2. If I do use HD Advance, can I get larger than an 40gb hd, because a website that sells HD Advance, says an Hard Drive bigger than 40gb, if I go online that they would find out and ban me, is that true, or could I still use an 200gb hd?

Thanks
    Spider21

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  14. havingfun

havingfun Member

You cannot go to online using HD Advance installled game. And HD Advance 2.0 supports upto 200 GB HDD now. I have read that you can go online using copied game disc when DNAS patched but I haven't heard anybody went to online successfully from HDD.