1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Advance 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Kamran, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Kamran

Kamran Regular member

Hi I have been reading on this forum for the past two days and i still havent had any luck. I have tried everything, please can someone give me a step by step guide. Or PM me and help because I am really stuck.

I have hdadvance 2.0 with a maxtor 200gb hard drive. i can copy orignal games onto it perfectly fine my problem starts when i try to put my backed up games on it. they are on various type of media they work perfectly when i use them with my swap magics but i just dont know how to copy them to my hd so i can play them directly of there. i dont min using swap magic discs evrytime to load them.

So basically i want to know how to copy copied game son to the ps2. i have swap magic discs version 3.3 and hd advance 2.0. please can someone give me step by step guide. or is it even possible because i have only a few orignals the rest are to scratched up for the ps2 to read em so i have to use my back ups.

2. Kamran

Kamran Regular member

Please Can someone help me

3. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

You can't copy backed up games directly to the hard drive through your PS2. You need to download hdl_dumb at http://www.hdldump.ps2-scene.org/ you then have to take your PS2 harddrive, set the jumpers to slave and connect it to your PC. With this program you can copy the backed up ISO's to the hard drive directly. Then reset the jumpers to Master and put it back in your PS2. Voila, all your games are there.

4. smcdonald

smcdonald Member

don't bother pulling your hdd out of your ps2, if you have a basic knowledge in networking you can send your games over lan with HDL_Dumb (which is actually what the program is supposed to be used for by default). Set up a memory card exploit and put hdl_srvr on your mc or hdd partition and boot it up, connect via lan and you can rip games or iso/bin-cue files directly over your LAN!

SWEET!