1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Advance 3.0 vs. Swap Magic 3.6

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by msapirate, Jun 30, 2007.

1. msapirate

msapirate Member

I've been looking into buying a software exploit and I can't decide between the two, either HD advance 3.0 or Swap Magic 3.6.
    specifically i'm wondering if its possible to use swap magic and then load up HD advance to copy games onto the HD? or maybe HD Advance can be used in a similar fashion to swap magic?

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Swap Magic 3.8 FTW.
    Swap Magic 3.8 lets you load homebrew applications. That means that if you buy Swap Magic, you at the same time buy HDLoader/HDAdvance because you can download it!

3. msapirate

msapirate Member

in another forum, someone mentioned using ARMax to load up ulaunchelf MC exploit. Since it gives you many more options, as the other user posted, the exploit,

"- it offers basic/advanced file managment(including saves management)
    - hdd managment
    - a host function
    - you can make it launch an app automatically after a countdown you can set(meaning you'd put in your triggerdisc and wait for your app to load, just like it would be using sm coder), but most important, it allows you to stop the app from loading. When using swap magic you would have to unplug the usb stick"

though swap magic can be used to launch ulaunchelf too but why have 2 launchers.
    swap magic/ARmax are the better choice. To launch HDL, put an hdloader elf file on the usb drive at the path /SWAPMAGIC/SWAPMAGIC.ELF
    thats it.

that doesn't mean people can't load up swap magic with HDL/HDA retail disc. it can be done by the ulaunchelf MC exploit than loading up swap magic. its too much work.