1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hd advance - a few things......

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by scarface., Sep 18, 2004.

1. scarface.

scarface. Member

i just stareted using the hdadvance & just wanted to know:

do i need both discs ? as i will not be installing any back up games. you know, can i install a cd (purple disc) game using the hdadvance dvd disc ?

i have noticed a yellow/orange light has started to flash from the lower vents, i'm assuming this is a indicator that the hdd is controlling, just like a p.c. ?

also the reset button don't work no more, everytime i press reset it goes off regardless of how long the button is pressed for, obviously it has something to do with the hdd installed but why ?

also i have to say it is an excellent piece of software, it saves your discs from being scratched all the time, you don't even need to take the discs out anymore, great for lazy ba***rds!

if anyone has any answers, or similar experiences please post them, thanks.

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

reset button doesnt behave as it normally does, because you have the network adapter attached

as far as i am aware, hdd or no hdd, if the network adapter is attatched, the reset button wont reset teh console as usual, but rather will power down the unit