1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hd advance could not find hdd hardware

Discussion in 'PS2' started by unusedID, May 3, 2005.

1. unusedID

unusedID Member

I was having problem converting the compact disc games on the hard drive using HD advance, so I connect my harddrive to my computer and use winhiip and click on add cd/dvd to transfer the game. after I transfer it. I connect my harddrive back to the ps2 to try see if the game work the HD advance can't find my harddrive.
    please help
    thanks

2. williej

williej Regular member

Change the jumper settings on the back of the HD. You need to either enable master or slave jumpers. Try both ... I am on vacation and can't remember which one needs to be enabled.

3. unusedID

unusedID Member

I did try that. I try master setting, I try slave setting and I try cable select and all the same result -- can't find the drive. I ran out of idea so I just reformat the drive on the computer and hook back up to the PS2. and it detect it. can u use WinHIIP to transfer file to the harddrive and use HD advance to load it? is there any other program like WinHIIP to transfer file to the HDD?

4. williej

williej Regular member

Yes on both counts. Sometimes, the HDD hiccups and messes up some of the filez. I know I had hooked it up to the PC (my Sony 40gb HDD) and it said a few of the games were corrupt. And deleted them. I have three games on my Sony HDD - GT4, Firefighter and Mercenaries.

I would definitely recommend WinHIIP to transfer the files. And HD Advance to play them.

You also need a DVD-Rom drive to rip the games to your PC too. You can't use a CD recorder or a regular CD drive, though most PCs nowadays have DVD drives on them.