1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD ADVANCE DVD DISC PROBLEMS, PLS HELP!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Supra21, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Supra21

Supra21 Member

ok. i bought the retail of hd advance. everything worked fine for a couple days, until today the dvd disc wont boot! it worked before, now it just loads the ps2 screen then exits back to the browser screen! the cd version still works fine. does anyone know how to fix this problem, i need your help.

2. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

What version is your PS2? I hvae a V9 and mine doesnt want to boot HD Loader or HD Advance at all either every now and then I hvae to eject or restart to get one going but its a pain in the ass. Sucks, I am just using exploit now much easier.

3. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

did you check the dvd? could be scratch? your ps2 lens could be dirty.

4. bswiftly

bswiftly Member

i have the same problem with HD Loader. Except the CD never works. I have never had a problem reading a disc before, and am wondering what I can do to get around this.

5. pirkster

pirkster Member

I had the same "problem" when I first tried to use my set of discs.

You can use the CD version to back up any game - it will get the job done regardless of whether or not the game you're backing up is DVD or CD format.

The key is that the HD Loader program is loaded regardless of which disk you use.

I believe the DVD version is for use in chipped PS2s, since it won't run in my PS2, either.

That's been my experience, and that's my opinion on the DVD disk "problem." I've been able to successfully back up my DVD games using the CD copy of HD Loader, so that's my .02 for what it's worth.

6. pirkster

pirkster Member

Darn typos... I'm using HD Advance, not Loader. Sorry for the confusion.