1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Advance/loader VS Swap Magic......Winner?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jaz97, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Jaz97

Jaz97 Member

Which gives a easier use, less headache gameplay? I like the idea of having a HD in my PS2. My Xbox has one. But I seening that some games don't work with it and what not. Then with Swap M. you got to back-up the games (never did it so I don't know how hard that is)

2. i2k

i2k Member

I have the setup you are talking about. Less headache as far as a modchip install, But to load games on the HD, you needto swap in and out 4 disks. KInda a pain in the ass.

3. Jaz97

Jaz97 Member

So you say the HD AD/LD are easier for you? Are they still for sale?. I don't have a mod chip in my PS2.

4. leg4cy

leg4cy Member

hes saying that loading games to the HD is a pain in the ass.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if your using the original hd loader and original games, its only 1 swap.

6. Xian

Xian Regular member

I have both. The major advantage Swap Magic has over the HD Advance is that it plays everything but DVD-9 games, though some do require extra swaps with cd loader. I own several games that do not work with HD Loader, such as Hot Shots Golf Fore, Downhill Domination, or the original Ratchet and Clank. All of them work with Swap Magic.

I think it is worth it to get both. I like the speed of the hard drive. One example I can think of is the older Crash Bandicoot. It had nearly 1 minute load times between levels and with HD Loader it is less than 10 seconds. Also, playing off the hard drive reduces wear on your dvd drive and laser.

7. Jaz97

Jaz97 Member

Yeah I guess having them both would work out. Use Swap Magic on the games that don't work with the HD.