1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD-Advance+Maxtor

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lamato, Oct 26, 2004.

1. lamato

lamato Member

hello all, I just recently got my HD-ADvance+Maxtor 7200 RPM 120 GB hard-drive... I didnt "GET IT" but like its suppose to come in the mail in 2 days...
    so I was wondering... theres things like "hdl_dumb" how do I work that with a maxtor hard-drive? like if I was to try to put a duel layer game in... such as GTA:SA I just bought it this morning.. and would like to install, I dont want to scratch it... if anyone knows about this topic, please explain some things I can do with this HD-Advance, or show me some tutorials or something

2. shifted90

shifted90 Member

I really don't understand what you are saying, but I heard the HDAdvance discs are supposed to format the HDD in your PS2 automatically or something.

3. stupidkid

stupidkid Member

lamato,

GTA:SA is NOT dual layer and will work with HD advance(i have it installed as we speak). HD advance is pretty easy(although i use HD loader). you just put the disc in then follow the instructions.

hope this helps you.