1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hd advance questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by thejaffx, Feb 27, 2005.

1. thejaffx

thejaffx Member

each very important
    1.do i need a slide tool for an unmodded ps2 when using hd advance when downloading games to hard drive?
    2.do i have to use a computer to rip games to the hard drive or can the playstation do it for me when properly formatted?
    3.do i format the hard drive on the computer or in the playstation.
    4.what all programs go onto the hard drive straight out of the box for this process alone?
    5.do i need winHIIP to partition the drive or can hd advance do everything i need to prep the drive

i realize a lot of these questions are similiar , but i just needed specific answers. and i am far from done with questions also thank you guys in advance

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. madhops23

madhops23 Member

1. You would only need a slide tool if you are loading hdadvance as an exploit. If you have the disk you are fine. If you do not have the disk, then you only need a slide tool/way of booting burned games when you first load the MC exploit, after that you just use a ps1 game to boot hdadvance.

2. You can use the PS2 or the computer to rip games. I find it more reliable to use the computer although it takes up more time. I use Winhiip.

3. I think you can format the hardrive with Winhiip, but I always just use the PS2 and it works great.

4. Not sure what you are asking, but there is a hdloader compatablitiy list at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/casey.miller/HD Loader Compatibility.htm.

I am not sure if it is different for hdadvance, but there is also a hdadvance one at ps2ownz somewhere, but its not as good and not as complete.

5. Is this the same as question 3? After you format the drive you don;t have to worry about partitioning. The ps2/computer or any ps2 program you are using is smart enough to do anything for you.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ thejaffx

Let's have a look at the forum rules - no posting email addies so let's take yours out of your sig.