1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hd Advance: Swap tool nessesary?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Blahness, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Blahness

Blahness Member

I got a copy of HDAdvance in the mail today, and in anticipation I took the front lid off my PS2 tray and made a slide tool; BUT. realized that i couldn't find the pin that i had to move with the swap tool. I looked at all the pictures and everything in the guides here, but i couldnt find it. Bummed, i ran the cd anyways and when asked to insert a game, i just pressed the eject button and swapped cds, pushed it back in, and it worked.

Does this mean I don't need a swap method for HDAdvance? and can i put that panel lid back on?

2. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

As long as you are putting original games on, yes.... Backups No... You would have to use the Swap Method.

3. Blahness

Blahness Member

OH... ok...

thanks alot, =)

so do that mean tho, that if i wanted to i could burn games on to a cd/dvd-r and then copy them onto the HD that way - using a swap trick? So i don't need Swap Magic or anything, just a slide card and HDAdvance?

Even so though, i'm like, 98% sure that that pin i'm supposed to move isn't there anyways... I just can't see it. But yeah - that's a nice brain snack.

Thanks. =)