1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD advance vs. Fliptop/swap magic?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by syracuse, Aug 30, 2004.

1. syracuse

syracuse Guest

Which is better, hd advance or fliptop/swap magic? PLEASE write back. Thanks.

2. davedumb

davedumb Guest

i've got swap magic and have about 20 games running. I haven't had one game not work yet. But I don't know alot about HD advance - if it means that you don't even need discs - just HDD space then yeah im gonna get that as soon as I got a lead and a suitable HD

3. syracuse

syracuse Guest

So with swap magic, your saying that everytime you want to play a ps2 backup game, you have to use swap magic?

4. bogey2477

bogey2477 Member

Yes, everytime you use a backup game you must use your swap magic disc. If you get the swap magic disc, i recomend getting a PS2 Flip Cover also. If you use the slide tool, your going to be sending your ps2 to an early grave.

For the games that dont work with swap magic, go to www.swapmagicfix.com

For the games that dont work, they have a program called cdloader that you must use. I recommend serching the site for the DVD Loader, much better.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  5. combsone

combsone Member

Can you go online w/ swap magic and a fliptop?

6. samp

samp Member

so the slide card is the only thing you need to play back-up/burnt games........without haveing to take apart your lid. i have a arv2 as well so can i just use the actoin replay to play em

7. mugz

mugz Member

You have to patch your game first with special software tools. I am just now starting to experiment with it. Best thing is just play original b/c it will always run smoother.

HDD is good but I do not care for it to much. I used a 160 GB @ 7200 RPM, and it got really hot and my PS2 would start to act up after playing after an hour or two. They have an USB fan you can hook up to help cool but I doubt it really works. It looks cheap.

Guess it really depends on what kind of HD you use. Mine gets really hot and heats up stuff in PS2. Maybe I am wrong and it is just that the my back-ups did not download right.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  8. combsone

combsone Member

what hd are u running? also, if i have gameshark already all i would need is a fliptop or slide card right (w/o any modchips)?

comy

9. mugz

mugz Member

I have a Maxtor HD, I forget how the gameshark thing works but I know you do not need a mod chip with it. You also do not need a mod chip for the flip-top.

You just have to have a swap disc. You start with the swap disc the you open the flip top and put back-up in and the hit X on controller and it boots up if your back-up is good.

If I remember correctly if you have gameshark there is a little box you buy that plugs into the USB on the front. It works like a mod chip but you do not have to take apart your PS2. I will look around on internet and post a link or PM you.