1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Advance

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by BigJun, Dec 13, 2004.

1. BigJun

BigJun Member

Is it possible to make a back up copy of hd advance onto another disc. So that the orginal won't get scratched up? If so does it have to be on a dvd disc or just a regular cd-r disk? Thanks!

2. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

why don't you just use the MC exploit?

3. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

4. BigJun

BigJun Member

Thanks for the link. Where can you download the files that you will need to make the MC exploit work?

5. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

i just checked after i PMed you back BigJun, the filepack on that site is currently down, not sure what happened and i'm not sure where else you can get it.

6. IguanaC64

IguanaC64 Member

The short answer is...no and/or not easily. If you don't have a modchip then the answer is no. You can not boot from anything other than a pressed disk without a modchip. If you do have a modchip, I've read of people trying to back up their HDAdvance DVD and it has so many errors that it took a long time to even try to make the image. I'm unsure if even if that image was made, you would be able to use the ISO to build a working HDAdvance DVD.

If you have a current modchip like the DMS4, you can install HDAdvance into HDExplorer (DMS3+4 modchip utility) and boot to the hard drive and access HDAdvance that way.

The other option is to use the memory card exploit (you will need an original PS1 CD and some space on a memory card). If you look around you can find info on how to do it by googling "MC Exploit." You can use the exploit to boot to your memory card which has the HDAdvance executable (which you can find around the net on P2P file sharing networks...heh...haven't even looked at my original to see if I can get it off there).

I chose to go the modchip way to completely avoid having to swap disks for the MC Exploit...or even worrying about scratching my HDAdvance DVD.

7. BigJun

BigJun Member

8. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

great link, thanks a lot