1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Loader DVD problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by evilcow, Feb 16, 2005.

1. evilcow

evilcow Member

hi, i've downloaded the cd and dvd versions of hd loader, record it with dvd decrypter, i'm using swap magic to boot the hd loader copies, cd version runs fine, no problem, but i can't run the dvd version, swap magic reads the hd loader dvd but nothing happens, the hard drive doesn't even start working. i'm using a 120gb maxtor. anyone knows how to solve this ?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, just use the cd version.

3. evilcow

evilcow Member

well, the cd version only lets me install ps2 cd games, but i solve my problem. if anyone is interested. download the file "ps2 - applications (hd-loader, hd-advance, media player).rar" from emule. it's the cd version, use cdvdgen 1.5 to create a dvd structure, and, voila, working hd loader dvd version. note: must rename "hdadvance.elf" and "hdloader2.elf" because the file length is not suported, i used "hda.elf" and "hdl.elf". change the reference to the files in msystem.cnf. also to make ps2 reality media player work, the "psmedia.rar" file must be renamed to "ps2media.rar".

Have fun.