1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hd loader + lan play?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bradl3y, Mar 31, 2005.

1. bradl3y

bradl3y Member

I have HD Loader running via memory card exploit, loaded with keylauncher... I am trying to do network play to another PS2 with the game. He has the game burned and si playing with a modchip, the ps2's are linked via crossover and network configurations should be good. His when he goes to network games is able to connect to the lan, but when i try to go to network play with both tony hawk underground and timesplitters 3, it tells me there is no network hardware attached. both games use mode 3...

I have no other online games installed to see if its just mode 3, but has anyone else had sucess with HD loader or hd advance and playing online/over network? from mem card exploit? mode 3?

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Network capability is disabled when games are running off of the HDD.

3. bradl3y

bradl3y Member

how come in both FAQ's for hd loader and HD advance it sys you can still play online unless the game is using DNAS?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I was not aware that the FAQS said that, but as you have found out, the network hardware is disabled when playing games off of the HDD which is why your games aren't detecting a network adapter.

5. bradl3y

bradl3y Member

bummer, time to get a modchip...

hmm, how about system link with a usb adapter?

6. navi95

navi95 Regular member

since u got the MC xploit workin u could invest in a slide card or flip top n use that with CDloader which can be used with the MC Xploit (thats wot im doin).

So u can then play ur online games as the NA aint being blocked cuz of HDloader

7. bradl3y

bradl3y Member

yeah i made one of them and i tried using it with cogswapper i didn't have much luck, will cogswapper boot dvd backups? wasnt sure... cdloader?

i run cd loader, slide th ecard open the tray, then i need to manually close the tray and slide the bar back to the left? i have trouble sliding the bar back to the left...

8. navi95

navi95 Regular member

its the same process with cog n cdloader.

1. Run Cog/Cdloader
    2. Insert High TOC game (GTA 3, Devil May Cry, heres a bit list of TOCs of games http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/84252, try n use a game with a 4.35GB or higher as then u will never encounter a problem in theory)
    3. Hit X on ur pad
    4. Once its done the check, it will say in CDloader to change the disc using the EA method which is basically with the slide card. If u r using Cog the disc on screen will turn a purple color.
    5. Once uve succesfully changed the disc without the ps2's knowledge hit X again and let it boot the game.

If u have done this correctly and with a high TOC game n a proper backup then ur game should run fine.

Also, if u want to play online (not sure bout LAN) u will need to insert ur DNAS id from ur original TimeSplitters 3 disc. U can do this by following this guide:
    http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

I hope this helps ya out!

9. bradl3y

bradl3y Member

i need an original of a high TOC game?

and does the manual release bar need to be manually slid back with the slide card after the tray is closed? i have trouble doing so..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  10. bradl3y

bradl3y Member

well i got the cogswap working... i dont have one of hte high toc games, are if hte toc of a burned game is higher than the toc of the game i am using to swap, will it always fail?

i had the card made out of a library card before and it was too flimsy and the notch wasnt very forgiving , i made the mouth of the notch on the new one angle in so its easier to catch the bar, and then angle out the other way to help hold the bar once its in... works much easier and i can do it everytime i try now easily...

11. navi95

navi95 Regular member

i dont think it fails all the time but it dont guarentee the game will work, so compatability drops quite a bit. I always ended up with games freezin if the original TOC was smaller than the backup