1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Loader problems with two of three GTA's.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by VAdvocate, Oct 27, 2004.

1. VAdvocate

VAdvocate Member

The GTA trick didn't work for me. In fact nothing I try seems too, but then again my problem seems to be a little different. Any save I make with both GTA 3 & Vice City results in a corrupt game if do it through the HD Loader. New game or resuming old save game it doesn't matter. In both games it will freeze (music keeps playing) if I walk over a save icon or try to view the games under the load menu. I can save one time with HD Loader but then I instantly have the freezing problem. I even bought a new Official memory card to see if that was the problem. They both continue to work fine running from DVD but even then will freeze on games that had been saved by HD Loader.

Now here is the strange part.

GTA San Andreas works with no problem whatsoever. It installed perfect and doesn't have any of the problems the other games do with freezing. Despite it apparently being Duel Layered. Now I am very early in the game and have only really unlocked a third of the map but so far so good. So what does this all mean and how do I fix it. Or more importantly would fixing it break GTA SA? Because we don't want that. Hasn't anyone else had this problem?

I've only tried everything with the starting setting. No extra modes.

Oh and this might be relevant.

When I go to browser on my PS2 this is what it says under version:

Console SCPH-30001
    Browser 1.20
    CD Player 1.20
    Playstation Driver 1.10
    DVD Player 2.12U

2. tanik

tanik Member

I also have that problem with Vice City. And I can't seem to fix the problem with that guy's method either. If anyone out there's got an idea, please help! I need to beat this game before I play San Andreas, and I'll have to start over! Argh!