1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Loader - questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bjorne, Sep 24, 2004.

1. bjorne

bjorne Guest

1 does a burned copy of HD Loader work or must it be the original pressed disc? Something in the boot sector preventing it to work?

2 anyone have a list of files on the HD Loader disc to make sure I have all?

3 is it correct there are ways to play backuped games on a non modded PS2 if loaded onto the HDD via a PC - with f.ex WinHIIP, PC Handiness?

4 is there anywhere to buy HD Loader and download it instead of having to wait for it being shipped?

5 before buying a larger HDD (>40gb I want to try on a small 7gb HDD, does it work or must it be min 40gb?

Greatful for all help

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

1) A burned copy only works if you have a way to boot backups ie: modchip, flip top

2) The version i downloaded was just a .bin/.cue file which was 225,377 KB, the flies on the disk are

REZ.CVM
    SLUS_203.44
    SYSTEM
    Drivers <--- Folder

Inside the Drivers folder is

IOPRP23
    LIBSD.IRX
    MCMAN.IRX
    MCSERV.IRX
    MODHSYN.IRX
    MODMIDI.IRX
    MODMSIN.IRX
    PADMAN.IRX
    SIO2MAN.IRX
    ULSND.IRX
    USBD.IRX
    USBTVR.IRX

3) Never tried it but I heard it's possible

4) No, and why would you want to pay to download something you can download for free, and you'd still need a way to boot it.

5) Minimum size 40gb, maximum 137gb

3. FriedCPU

FriedCPU Member

I'll answer 3. I've gotten imports working using PS2Handiess. It's easy. Just rip the game using DVD Decrypter and then use the program to transfer the image over to the PS2 HD. It has to be mounted in your PC to do so, however.

4. chiboy19

chiboy19 Guest

where can you find a reliable website to by or download the hdadvance or hdloader

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

www.supernova.org

6. chiboy19

chiboy19 Guest

what about a site for free? Does anyone know how to place games directly onto the hdd itself?