1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Loader & Setup

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bebeast, Dec 12, 2004.

1. bebeast

bebeast Member

HELP. Got HDLoader for my sons PS2 and I am trying to get the system to recognize the drive but system just keeps saying that there is no drive. I have tried 3 drives (2 Barracua 7200.7 80gb & 1 Barracuda ATA IV 40gb) with no luck. The unit has no mod chip and (according to the docs) I'm not suppose to need one. Jumpers are correct and all looks good. Is there some step which is not listed (maybe I should insure the drive is blank?).

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

um you do have a Network adapter right?

3. bebeast

bebeast Member

The drive connects only one way and the adapter allows for connection to the internet so my guess its correct.

4. Gravdigga

Gravdigga Member

You need to make sure that the jumper is on Master...it won't work unless it's on master. I have a Maxtor 120gig HDD and it works fine with hdloader.

5. bebeast

bebeast Member

The drives are jumped as master. The only thing I can think is that everyone is talking Maxtor and these are all Seagate drives.

6. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

search the forums (or elseware), i've seen a link to a website with a hard drive compatibility list, should be useful for you.